.: COUNTLESS THANKS TO :.

Friday, October 14, 2011

WHAT DO YOU DO THAT FOR?

I often wondered why do I do the things I ended up doing.

Take blogging for instance. I did it to tell stories, my way, through my perspectives and mostly, in ways that others would find, weird or just, not interesting.

But I take pride in how I blog - I don't do it for fame, nor for name, not for monetary reasons and certainly not for all the wrong reasons.

I do it because, I love pouring my heart out about things I see, I feel and things that mostly are, well, beyond my comprehension :)

Hence the reasons why my blog entries are mostly about pain in the butt things. And maybe that's the main reason why my blog is not listed as one of the famous or the best.

I don't care - I do it 'cause I love it.

There should be just ONE real reason why we do what we do. Another example is having a Facebook account.

We heard and read a lot about how people are in troubles 'cause of Facebook, be it divorce, or infidelity and fights over petty stuff. Some went even as far as going to the police station to file reports about, well, almost every misunderstanding over words 'spoken' through the wall.

Why do you think these happen? Are we getting even less smarter when it comes to using technology? Or simply because we are just getting even more ignorant when it comes to our own privacy?

I think, the only reason is we forget to set the main objective, our personal main objective prior to setting up these social webs accounts.

Before I was hooked to Facebook, I wondered what was the big deal of having one. Prior to having one, I asked myself some questions like:-

1. Why do you want to have it?
2. What do you want to do with it?
3. What are the importance to you and your life?
4. What are the consequences of having one?
5. Are you ready to be held responsible for what you say, what you choose to publish and what you choose for the rest of the world to see?

And the list went on. As usual. The usual case of being me :P

When I finally got down on ONE main reason, I hold on to it like there's no tomorrow. It's the only thing that keeps me grounded up until now.

It helps me to have some sorta, controlled privacy for my own self. And thank God I did that.

What about you?

Thanks for the time. Until next entry, have a great weekend and be safe!

No comments: