.: COUNTLESS THANKS TO :.

Monday, July 6, 2009

A SHORT, LONG WEEKEND

After a busy, hectic 5-day working-our-asses-off-our-underpaid & unappreciative, overwork-job, I guess I got lucky when Mr. S brought me over to Port Dickson to attend his office's so-called Family Day. Well, not that I care much about the family day itself as I was more keen on getting my poor tiresome body some stress-relieving salt water therapy a.k.a mandi laut, hehheheheh...

After the water therapy plus some gravity-defying acts [hahahahaha you must've hated my poyo-ness by now right?] on the banana-ride, pulled by a fast boat around the deeper water, we dined & had fun poking jokes on ourselves whilst waited for the Lucky Draw event. Mr. S & I were lucky indeed, when we got ourselves one of the hampers & a box of chocolate [jadilah kan - syukur alhamdulillah!]...


I got kinda sick after dinner and decided to lay back at the TM rest house's pool side, when Mr. S got me some burnt, barbecued chicken & shrimps [the burnt part wasn't his fault at all - the person in-charge of barbecuing was]. Just before going back to the room, we got our mouths full with the pungent yet delicious flesh of durians!

While laying down by the pool side, I watched the beauty of the night time... Hurmmmm...

Oh my, my tummy was sooooo full that I looked like I was like 3-4 months pregnant! We slept like babies when I realized that my tummy was kinda hurt at like, 4 a.m. that I gotta get up to find my ointment... It was raining outside and I guess that's the reason why we were sleeping like babies!

At 10 a.m. the next morning, we headed back to KL since we've got a wedding to attend to with my Momma, Amil & Adiba tagging along. The wedding is my younger cousin's and was held at his parents' home at Kampung Bukit Bangkong, Sepang. We took off at around 1 p.m. from KL and we got there at around 2 something.

Us - before Adiba & I were asleep :)

The day wasn't that bright, sun-shining day but it was hot [berbahang] - I was sweating like hell and I got rashes popped out here, there and everywhere after that... I took the chance to meet my relatives and after a while, we congratulated the bride & the groom, the parents and said goodbye to all of them, we sped to my Grandma's house at Kampung Tanjung Sepat, Banting.


The beautiful bride and the handsome groom [in army attire], in all white...


The banner welcoming all the guests to the kenduri - featuring all the family members of the groom. Oh ya, the groom is the second son and this is the first wedding of the family.
















She's not one of the flower girls - in fact, her elder sister [one of the flower girls, in the last photo, wearing red shirt] put the dress on and boy, we had fun taking plenty of her pictures - mengalahkan pengantinnya pulak!


One of my many nieces yang betul2 jadi one of the flower girls...


And as usual my Father would be easily spotted under the live band/emcee's tent - to let the world know that he's a singer too...

Lucky Nenek was at home and we visited her for almost an hour plus.

Nenek, unfolding the wrapper of baulu gulung, for us to eat...

Amil & Diba, doing their funny faces....


Tired & sweaty, plus the menacing headache caused by drinking cold, icy water at the earlier kenduri...

Right about 8 something we reached KL. Phew,... I was grateful we were okay all way through and after doing some packings [lauk kenduri etc2], we drove back to our home and unwind after a long weekend with so short time...

Ahhhh, who would have thought a weekend [of relaxation] could be this tiresome?

Thanks a lot for reading my so-called travelogue!


No comments: